April 14 2017
Minda Having sensitive teeth is a common problem among many people. This causes a lot of discomfort and pain especially when the teeth get in contact with something hot or too cold, or even while chewing. There are some simple things one can follow to reduce the discomfort.
How to manage sensitive teeth:
Managing sensitive teeth is a simple subject, given that one can follow instructions correctly. Here are five tips to follow to ensure reduced teeth sensitivity:
- Using a soft toothbrush: - Brushes with soft bristles are gentle on gums and enamel. Using soft brushes helps reduce harm to the teeth and the gum.
- Using Special Toothpaste: - Some companies manufacture toothpaste specifically aimed at treating sensitive teeth. Most of these are aimed at reducing the pain and improving patient's comfort. You can try one and see the difference.
- Rinsing with a Flouride Rinse - Sometimes, the sensitivity may be as a result of sugary or acidic foods. In this case, you will need to rinse your mouth with Flouride Rinse after brushing. This will help reduce the sensitivity.
- Use of Sealants - Sealants help in covering the teeth surface and thus reduce the pain experienced while chewing. It is a prudent idea to get a good advice from your dentist. If he decides you need a sealant, he will then need to apply it on your teeth.
- Doing away with sugary and acidic foods - These types of foods are the most common culprits for this problem. Keeping away junk food will help reduce the pain associated with teeth sensitivity. It is also a good practice for prevention of the same.
Though there are many things one can do about sensitive teeth, these five basics can bring a great improvement on the situation of the patient. It is always advisable to get proper consultation from your dentist before you decide what step to take regarding your teeth.